It will help moisturize your skin deeply, get more blood flow to your face and open up your pores.
This is a great step to add in your weekly beauty routine as a preparation for any face mask or lotion.
After a steam your skin will absorb anything you put on it so make sure it’s natural and toxin free.
This recipe contains :
- dried rose buds: roses help lock moisture into your skin, it also has antibacterial properties making it great for acne prone skin, for those with sensitive skin, roses are the best to sooth and lift away any redness.
- green tea: green tea is loaded with antioxidants, this will help reduce wrinkles and fine lines, it also known for reducing inflammation, treating red spot and even sun damage.
- dried chamomile: chamomile has great healing properties, it can speed the healing of wounds and burns , it also reduces itchiness .
The steam from these herbs will be loaded with their essential oils, so all these benefits will be absorbed by your skin.
What you need to do:
- Clean your skin from any traces of makeup and impurities.
- boil a pot of water.
- in a bowl put one cup of dried herbs.
- add boiling water ( about 6 cups) and let steep until it’s not so hot anymore (don’t burn yourself !!)
- put your head over the bowl and cover it with a large towel.
- now enjoy and relax ! after 10 to 15 min your skin will be ready for a great cleansing, mask or a super moisturizer.
These are the herbs I like, but many combinations can work for different skin types. What herbs do you like to use ?
See you next week with another beauty DIY XOXO.