A new year calls for calendars, notebooks and new office supplies.
So I personalized a notebook for 2015, it also makes cute gifts for every occasion, you can personalize it as you like there are no rules.
I used a notebook with white pages, I always felt like lined paper restricts me, so I tend to use this kind of notebooks.
I also used a 1999 calendar from le Louvre that was just gathering dust, mom got it from a trip to Paris back in the day and kept it.
The paintings are so pretty, it makes me long for visiting the museum! I imagine it having a soothing feel to it like when you enter a church.
I fell in love with this one painting. So sad yet so peaceful, called “La jeune martyre”.
So what I did was :
- remove the spiral, just twist it off.
- glue the picture on some cardboard, I used mod podge, let it dry.
- Cut it to the originals cover size.
- Punch holes in your new cover using a perforator.
- insert the spiral back on the notebook including the cover.
And there you have it a new notebook ready to be used or gifted.
Did you ever go to the Louvre Museum ? I would love to know about how it is !
Hope you had a wonderful first month of 2015. See you next time with some fun DIY. XOXO